Win a Year’s Free Heating with Ready brek (the 'Promotion').
Terms & Conditions
- The Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over at the date of entry, excluding employees of Weetabix Limited, its agents and anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion and their respective immediate family members and households.
- The Promotion commences at 00:00 GMT on 1 September 2018 and closes at 23:59 British Summer Time on 31 July 2019 (the ''Promotion Period'').
- The Promotion is available on promotional 250g, 450g, 750g or 8 x Sachets boxes (excluding chocolate flavour) of Ready brek ("Promotional Products"). The ability to enter is limited to the availability of Promotional Products.
- To enter the Promotion, you will need to purchase a Promotional Product and check to see if it includes a unique “Free Heating” ticket inside the packaging. There are ten (10) "Free Heating" tickets available to find inside the packaging of Promotional Products in the United Kingdom and ten (10) prizes of £1,200 towards winners' annual heating bill available to be won by eligible entrants who find one of those ten tickets.
- If you find one of the unique “Free Heating” tickets, you will need to submit the unique code found on the ticket to the Promoter (in accordance with paragraph 6), along with your name, return contact details and confirmation of age before 23:59 on 31 July 2019 ("Prize Claim"). You should retain your "Free Heating" ticket, including the unique code, as it may be required by the Promoter to verify Prize Claims.
- To submit your Prize Claim, you should contact the Promoter by post at Weetabix Consumer Services Weetabix Limited, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northants NN15 5JR; by email at email@example.com; or by telephone on 0800 212 547. Prize Claims submitted by any other method will not be accepted. To be valid, a Prize Claim must be received by the Promoter before 23:59 on 14 August 2019 (failing which that prize will be forfeit).
- Those who find and submit a valid Prize Claim, including a correct unique code (the "Winners") will each win £1,200 towards their annual heating bill (or to use for any other purpose at the winner's option). £1,200 shall be paid in cheque form made out to the Winner’s name and delivered via Royal Mail Recorded Delivery (the "Prize"). The Prize value is based on the figure for an average dual fuel energy bill for a 3 or 4 bedroom house as published on https://www.ukpower.co.uk/home_energy/average-energy-bill on 27/02/2018. No heating costs in excess of £1200 are included in the prize.
- The Promoter will contact the Winners within ten (10) working days of receipt of the submission using the contact details supplied in order to confirm whether the unique code supplied was correct, and to obtain the Winner’s address details for the posting of the Prize. It is the Winner's responsibility to ensure the contact details supplied are correct and up to date. If the Promoter cannot contact the Winner, or the Winner does not provide their address details within five working days of contact by the Promoter, or provides incorrect address details, then the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the Prize.
- The Prizes will be despatched within 14 days from the date on which the Promoter has verified the Prize Claim (and confirmed the validity of the unique code) and the Winner has confirmed their correct address details, via Royal Mail Recorded Delivery to the postal address supplied by the Winner. A signature will be required upon delivery.
- To receive a list of Winners send a letter including a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Weetabix Consumer Services Weetabix Limited, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northants NN15 5JR after 2 August 2019, for 4 weeks.
- If he or she so agrees, each Winner shall take part in such reasonable non-paid publicity as may be required by the Promoter in respect of the Promotion, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
- All Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the Prizes will only be awarded to the Winners. All costs and expenses not included within the Prizes are the responsibility of the Winners.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to: verify the eligibility of any Winner (including their age and place of residence); disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the Promotion or entering using fraudulent means, or who the Promoter believes to have acted in breach of these terms and conditions; and/or disqualify participants who do not give correct contact details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf.
- No bulk entries or entries from agents, third parties, syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated devices are permitted.
- Any decision of the Promoter in respect of the Promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Except as otherwise required by applicable law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any entry or claim which for technical or other reasons is unsuccessful, incomplete, lost, late, damaged, corrupted or misdirected.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes liability for any losses, damages or claims incurred by any person in connection with the receipt, use or misuse of any Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to extend, withdraw, alter or suspend the Promotion or these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
- By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Each participant irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion or these terms and conditions. Consumers in Scotland shall also have the right to bring an action in their home courts.
- The Promoter is Weetabix Limited, Burton Latimer, Kettering, NN15 5JR (Company Registration Number 00267687).
- If you submit a prize claim in connection with the Promotion, then your personal data will be held by the Promoter and used only for the purpose of administering the Promotion, verifying the prize claim and dispatching prizes and publicising the winners in accordance with the terms and conditions. The terms and conditions are the legal basis for the Promoter's processing. If you are a winner and you do not provide your personal data, the Promoter cannot process your prize claim and will not be able to provide you with a prize.
- If you win a prize described in the terms and conditions, then the Promoter will make your name and county available, as a winner, to people requesting that information in accordance with the terms and conditions, in line with the Promoter's responsibilities under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing.
- If you win a prize described in the terms and conditions, then the Promoter may ask you to sign a promotional release so that the Promoter may use your name, county and photographs or other recordings of you in connection with the Prize in the Promoter's publicity concerning the promotion and its products, including on (or in) the Promoter's social media pages, websites, press releases and advertising.
- If your prize claim is not successful, the Promoter will delete your information either at the end of the period of two months after the date on which the promotion ends or, if later, following the completion of all necessary investigations relating to your prize claim. If your prize claim is successful, then the Promoter will delete your information after administration of Prizes and the completion of related publicity activities.
- The Promoter will not disclose or share your information with any third party other than those who are engaged by the Promoter to administer the competition and fulfil the Prizes. Your information may be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area where the Promoter's (or its third parties') processing equipment is located in another country but the Promoter ensures that any transfer happens in accordance with the law.
- Participants have various rights with regard to their personal data which the Promoter holds about them, including:
(a) a ight to request a copy of that information;
(b) a right to require that the Promoter erases your information (but note that this will automatically remove your prize claim from the promotion and, if you are a winner, will mean that you cannot receive a prize); and
(c) a right to amend your information.
To exercise any of these rights, please write to Weetabix Consumer Services Weetabix Limited, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northants NN15 5JR. You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you want the Promoter to take and enclose proof of your identity.
- If you believe that the Promoter is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.